帖子

积分

外语专家

积分

社区居民社区明星

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-5-18 09:28:35 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Would you eat a ready meal from the fridge rather than cook from scratch? 你经常吃冰箱里的即食食品吗?还是自己亲手下厨?
  p. [) M, c9 W; oHave you been doing internet shopping rather than going to the stores? What can't you be bothered to do? 你经常网购而不愿去实体店买东西吗?有什么事情是你懒得做的?$ G" |- \. E" v4 x
A study into how lazy British people are has found more than half of adults are so idle they'd catch the lift rather than climb two flights of stairs. 一项调查英国人到底有多懒的研究发现,有一半以上的英国人懒得爬两层的楼梯,而选择乘电梯。5 b8 [, f4 L2 D1 j
Just over 2000 people were quizzed by independent researchers at Nuffield Health, Britain's largest health charity. The results were startling. 英国最大的健康慈善组织,纳菲尔德健康中心的独立研究员调查了超过2000人。调查结果令人震惊。( d  A* D% n9 M( q5 Y
About one in six people surveyed said if their remote control was broken, they would continue watching the same channel rather than get up. 大约有六分之一的人表示如果他们的遥控器坏了,他们会一直看一个电视台,而不愿起身去换台。
9 V  b- g  f" UMore than one third of those questioned said they would not run to catch a bus. 超过三分之一的被调查者说他们不会为赶上公交车而跑几步。
. ^( j; h, ~5 G5 D( nWorryingly, of the 654 respondents with children, 64% said they were often too tired to play with them. 而令人担忧的是,在654位有孩子的回答者中,有64%的人说他们因为太累不愿带孩子玩。" s! ]  n0 q# @. ?8 {
This led the report to conclude that it's no wonder that one in six children in the UK are classified as obese before they start school. 这促使报告得出了这样的结论:难怪英国学龄前儿童有六分之一被划定为肥胖儿童。
. R  T/ Y% ~( o) b1 D7 k! kDr Sarah Dauncey, medical director of Nuffield Health, said: 纳菲尔德健康中心的医学主管,萨拉·当西博士,说:
& t& m/ ]) k, s"eople need to get fitter, not just for their own sake, but for the sake of their families, friends and evidently their pets too. “人们需要让自己更加健康,不仅仅是为了他们自己,还为了他们的家人,朋友,当然还有他们的宠物。"8 v# V* q: c7 z! m7 y
"If we don't start to take control of this problem, a whole generation will become too unfit to perform even the most rudimentary of tasks." “如果我们不开始着手这一问题,整个这一代人的健康情况将恶化到无法完成基本工作的程度。”4 n5 ?  E+ R1 e+ T2 Z
And Scotland's largest city, Glasgow, was shamed as the most indolent city in the UK, with 75% surveyed admitting they do not get enough exercise, 苏格兰最大的城市,格拉斯哥,被冠以英国最懒城市的污名。该城市中被调查的人当中,有75%承认自己没有做足够的锻炼。
; E% O' X) {- r0 H: [; d$ ^followed closely by Birmingham and Southampton, both with 67%. 紧随其后的是伯明翰和南安普顿,两座城市的人都有67%的人这样回答。
+ ?, N5 @; z) R2 ~% e- sThe results pose serious challenges for the National Health Service, 这一调查结果给英国国民医疗保健制度提出了很大挑战。' w; Y2 a- X/ y$ G6 ?" N: w
where obesity-related illnesses such as heart disease and cancer have been on a steady increase for the past 40 years and are costing billions of pounds every year. 在过去的四十年里,与肥胖相关的各种疾病包括心脏病和癌症发病率稳步上升,每年需要花费数十亿的医疗费用。/ j* I9 `# b& s2 F& }9 f6 y
( t) f/ \% S6 z8 V7 P& D2 J
重点讲解:% i  K' ]7 p1 U: K% S: \  E( U
1.ready meal 快餐,即食餐' H7 P+ |7 R* q0 K
例句:Will America's soccer moms be as willing to stop their cars to grab a ready meal on the way home as British mums are when they jump off the Tube?4 i2 G1 }7 u! j" b
虽然在回家的路上,英国母亲一下地铁就会顺手带一份现成饭,但美式球员的母亲会特意停车去购买么?
. x$ F4 c1 a) _* ^4 t: c
2.can't ... be bothered 懒得搭理
1 @" w& Z0 r3 s
例句:I can't be bothered with seeing you quarrelling all day long
8 I9 `) ?4 V4 B! `. p3 X9 N
我不喜欢看见你们成天吵架。
3 I5 N( K6 v* [6 N9 [! l( h+ m% u3.from scratch 从头开始% F  a! `, _, E! Z* m/ O
例句:They started from scratch and learned as they went.
3 k' M2 k3 {5 i2 P( j4 M
他们从零开始,边学边干。
. e0 ^% d, i* a; m0 k" q
4.pose... challenges...提出挑战* k- \. x# ?, _' O( g8 }# L% v1 w
例句:Undoubtedly tele-immersion will pose new challenges as well.
! s, ~; F5 B% X  {4 y" e
远距实境无疑也会产生新的挑战。
# E+ b/ Y- @* C2 k* r) b! U1 R9 ?5 j# e9 R, h

3 b1 s& s4 h6 D* @( Q. h
1 S2 x3 n, e5 `. Q" P8 v; _

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
新浪微博 hongsheep-de-VinStudio 最新英文资讯
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|TRAMS·诠识外语

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 02:51 , Processed in 0.058381 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.